Thursday, November 13, 2008

Conscious Discipline Begins

As most of you know, I was fortunate enough to attend Dr. Becky Bailey's Conscious Discipline Seminar in Orlando, Florida, this past summer. I truly found the whole experience life-changing; in fact, it is my ultimate goal to attend the Conscious Discipline Part 2 seminar and learn even more about this amazing program. That is a lofty goal, I know, but I really feel that CD is such a positive, illuminating program that I really want to be a major part of it.

This is Draper's first "real" year of implementing Conscious Discipline in our classrooms and in our school, and we know that things are going to be very rough as we begin to implement these changes into our personal and professional lives. Since our whole school is just starting with CD, we thought it would be a good idea to have a place where everyone can read about each other's experiences, share their own trials and triumphs, and ask questions. The only way I know to publish an open forum for discussion is through a blog post. Hence the blog "Conscious Discipline Discoveries." If you would like to submit a post, simply write it in a word or works document and email it to me. I'll copy and paste it into the blog for you. (By the way, if anyone knows a better way to do this than a blog, let me know and we can do it that way instead).

If you have questions or comments about something I write or post, use the comments section and we'll talk. Feel free to point out mistakes and offer your own tips when you find things that work for you. Together, we can make the most of CD in our school family, our home lives, and our personal life journeys.

Wishing you well,

:)

No comments: